Saturday 24 January 2009

Baby, it's cold outside

I did this for the weekly team challenge on UKS - scrap a winter picture using summer colours, use stars and stripes, use stitching, and use handmade embellishments. I used a sheet of Papermania paper from the Sweet Nothings pack for my base. The narrow strip of Basic Grey Euphoria was lying on my table and the colours were just right, so I cut the scalloped edge with my Fiskars Threading Water punch and added it to the top. The hearts and stars were hand drawn onto acetate with a Sharpie and then painted on the back with acrylic paints. I cut them out and mounted them with foam pads. Sewed on lots of BG buttons and did a few random cross stitches to fulfil the stitching part of the challenge. I finished it off by adding blobs of Black Diamond Stickles to the scalloped edge.

Photo is of my granddaughter, Sophie on a shopping trip to M&S a couple of weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment